Appointments can be made by phone, face to face, online or email, subject to the following terms and conditions.
- 1.1 When making an appointment booking a 50% deposit (unless paying by voucher) will be taken to secure the reservation. The remaining balance will be payable at the time of the appointment.
- 1.2 Deposit payment can be made face to face by cash or card or via BACS or Paypal, all bookings are provisional until deposit payment is received.
- 1.3 If you are paying by voucher then we will take the voucher numbers to secure the booking. The vouchers must be presented for redemption at the time of appointment. Failure to present voucher will result in full payment being requested prior to commencement of appointment.
- 1.4 If you are unable or unwilling to make a deposit or provide voucher numbers to secure the booking then we regret that we cannot make the appointment for you and if we do then it will be in a “provisional” status and may be removed from the diary without notice.
- 1.5 We reserve the right to report inappropriate telephone or email messages and conversations to the appropriate authorities for action, where we are able to identify a caller’s telephone number.
- 1.6 Certain therapies/services require a patch test at least 24 hours before an appointment, these include: Brow and Lash tints, Lash Extensions and Spray Tanning.
- 1.7 The Massage Couch has a weight restriction of 18 Stone (115kg). Clients are responsible for informing us should they exceed this restriction. For clients over 18 stone alternative Massage positions are available.
- 1.8 We accept no responsibility for any injuries that occur as a result of being mislead about a clients weight.
2. Cancellations and Rearrangements
We operate a 48 hour cancellation / rearrangement policy for most therapies/services. This means:
- 2.1 If you cancel or ask to reschedule your appointment more than 48 hours before your appointment time, you will not forfeit your deposit. Instead it will be held as a prepayment credit in your client account to use for your next appointment.
- 2.2 If you cancel or ask to reschedule your appointment less than 48 hours before your appointment time we reserve the right to keep your deposit and it will not be available to use against any future appointments.
- 2.3. Please note that these terms and conditions apply for appointments made for yourself or on behalf of a third party. If making a booking for a third party it is your responsibility to ensure that that person can attend the appointment and is aware of the cancellation policy.
- 2.4. In the event that we need to cancel or reschedule an appointment we will endeavour to offer acceptable alternatives or refund any deposit.
3. Attending Your Appointment
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to any appointment times booked to allow time to complete your consultation form if you are visiting for the first time. We will not carry out a therapy without a completed consultation form and so arriving less than 10 minutes prior to your appointment may shorten the length of your appointment.
- 3.1 We reserve the right to alter, refuse or terminate appointments, without refund, in the event of:
- a client declaring a previously undisclosed medical condition that contraindicates their therapy (please see below for more information about medical conditions)
- a client being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc
- a client engaging in inappropriate behaviour or making inappropriate requests of a therapist
- a client abusing a member of staff physically, emotionally, verbally or in any other way
- a client otherwise behaving in a manner that breaks the law
- 3.2 We further reserve the right to report such behaviour outlined above to the Police or appropriate authorities if appropriate.
Certain therapies are contraindicated by some medical conditions. In some circumstance a client may waive their rights by signing a disclaimer stating that they are happy to continue with the appointment despite being advised that there is a potential contraindication.
- 4.1 It is a client’s responsibility to raise medical conditions with us at the time of booking so that we can confirm the requested therapy is not contraindicated. There are some medical conditions that are contra-indicated for some therapies. This means that a therapist may need to obtain permission from your GP, consultant or other medical practitioner before carrying out therapy, or may avoid certain areas of the body during your appointment.
- 4.2 Conditions that may be contraindicated are listed below, but this is not a comprehensive list and you should enquire about specific conditions prior to your appointment.
- High blood pressure
- Contagious or infectious skin diseases
- Areas of unexplained lumps, bumps or severe pain
- Bone breaks and fractures
- Disorders of the circulatory and lymphatic system
- Skin problems such as rashes, bruises, sores, lesions, swelling, burns, boils and blisters
- Heart defects and conditions including angina
- Varicose Veins and Ulcers
- Recent operations and / or scar tissue
- Areas of inflammation and / or bruising
- Slow release injections / patches
- Pregnancy (especially first trimester or where there are complications)
- Current cold / fever
- Infectious illness or disease
- Chronic / severe asthma
- Use of certain drugs
- Recent skin treatments
- 5.1 We are under no obligation to carry out a service that requires a patch test if one has not been carried out WITH US at least 24 hours prior to appointment.
- 5.2.If your circumstances change (including name, address, contact details, medical conditions, etc) you must inform us. We take no responsibility for any errors or problems arising from a failure to advise us of a change.
- 5.3 We reserve the right to ask clients to leave if they or those accompanying them behave in an inappropriate manner or disturb other clients. In the event that we ask a client to leave we will request full payment for their appointment regardless of whether this has been completed.
- 5.4 We take no responsibility for damage to individuals or their belongings whilst on the premises.
- 5.5 Your consultation form is a confidential document and its contents will not be disclosed to third parties unless otherwise stated or in the event of fraud, illegal behaviour, etc.
- 5.6 Your consultation form may be used for marketing purposes if you ‘opt in’ to receiving information from us (check box on form).
6 Voucher Terms & Conditions
- 6.1 When making a booking with a gift voucher the voucher number must be given to secure the reservation. If an appointment is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice or you fail to attend your appointment, the voucher will be voided and will no longer be available to use.
- 6.2. Vouchers are non-refundable and may not be exchanged for cash in any circumstances.
- 6.3. Please remember to bring your voucher to your appointment as no discount will be applied if a voucher is not produced.
- 6.4. Vouchers are only valid until the date specified on the voucher, after this date no extension, exchange or refund for out of date vouchers is possible.
- 6.5. Vouchers are considered to be cash in terms of security. Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
- 6.6. We reserve the right to replace any element of vouchers with an offer of equivalent value.
- 6.7. Gift Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase (unless otherwise specified).
- 6.8. Gift Vouchers must contain a valid voucher code and expiry date.
- 6.9. Gift vouchers may be exchanged for any treatment but are not accepted for retail purchases and cannot be exchanged for special offer vouchers.
- 6.10.Gift vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and have no cash value.
- 6.11. If a therapy price is lower than the gift voucher value, we are under no obligation to refund the difference. We reserve the right to permit small amounts of excess voucher value to be added to the client’s account at our discretion. We also reserve the right to refund a difference in value in the form of vouchers.
- 6.12. Gift vouchers for a specified therapy must be used for that therapy. We reserve the right to permit another therapy of the same value to be carried out at our discretion.
7. Complaints Procedure
If you are unhappy about a therapy you receive please in the first instance tell the therapist providing the service so that they can adjust if necessary and possible.
- 7.1. If you are still unhappy about the service you received, please contact us and explain the problem. We will endeavour to resolve any issues immediately but in some cases these may need to be passed to a Manager for attention. It may not always be possible for a resolution to be found immediately.
- 7.2 To assist us with responding to complaints please give the date, time and type of therapy you received, the name of the therapist (if known), your contact details, and the nature of your complaint.
We reserve the right to change or amend these terms and conditions from time to time without notice. Correct as at October 2014.